Re: The state of PG replication in 2008/Q2?

On Thursday 21 August 2008, salman <salmanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mathias Stjernström wrote:
> > Yes thats true. It does support DDL changes but not in a automatic way.
> > You have to execute all DDL changes with a separate script.
>
> That's true, but it's quite simple to do with the provided perl
> script(s) - slonik_execute_script. I've had to make use of it a few
> times and have had no problems.

I do it almost every day, and it is not all that simple if your
configuration is complex. The original poster would require at least 47
different Slony clusters, for starters. The complications from adding and
dropping tables and sequences across 47 databases, and trying to keep Slony
up to date throughout, staggers the imagination, honestly.

--
Alan