Re: 3ware vs Areca

Title: Re: [PERFORM] 3ware vs Areca
The Arecas are a lot faster than the 9550, more noticeable with disk counts from 12 on up.  At 8 disks you may not see much difference.

The 3Ware 9650 is their answer to the Areca and it put the two a lot closer.

FWIW – we got some Arecas at one point and had trouble getting them configured and working properly.

- Luke