Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space

kevin kempter wrote:
I'm expecting 9,961,914 rows returned. Each row in the big table should have a corresponding key in the smaller tale, I want to basically "expand" the big table column list by one, via adding the appropriate key from the smaller table for each row in the big table. It's not a cartesion product join.

Didn't seem likely, to be honest.

What happens if you try the query as a cursor, perhaps with an order-by on customer_id or something to encourage index use? Do you ever get a first row back?

In fact, what happens if you slap an index over all your join columns on xsegment_dim? With 7,000 rows that should make it a cheap test.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd