Re: which ext3 fs type should I use for postgresql

Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
Matthew Wakeling <matthew 'at' flymine.org> writes:

It is still relevant, as with 5% margin, you can afford changing
that to 0% with tune2fs, just the time for you to start PG and
remove some data by SQL, then shutdown and set the margin to 5%
again.

I find that if you actually reach that level of capacity failure it is due to lack of management and likely there is much lower hanging fruit left over by a lazy dba or sysadmin than having to adjust filesystem level parameters.

Manage actively and the above change is absolutely irrelevant.

Joshua D. Drake