Re: Planning hot/live backups?

Hi!

Going a bit off topic, but one quick question: to avoid storing GB of WAL files that will probably take a lot of time to reload, how can the backup be "reset"? I suspect that it's something like stopping the WAL archiving, doing a new base backup, and restart archiving, but I've never done it (have been using SQL dumps), so...

  Yours

Miguel Arroz