Re: scheduler

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Adrian Moisey wrote:

Hi

Which scheduler is recommended for a box that is dedicated to running
postgres?

I've asked google and found no answers.

Is it the OS itself?

Yes, in linux. I've found that cfq or deadline is best, but I haven't seen anyone try a benchmark

it also depends on your hardware. if you have a good battery-backed cache on your I/O system you may be best off with 'none' (or simple elevator, I don't remember the exact name)

the more complexity in your I/O that the kernek oesn't know about, the less likely it is to make the right decision.

David Lang

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq