Re: Linux/PostgreSQL scalability issue - problem with 8 cores

Alvaro,

>>> - do an UNLISTEN if possible
>> Yes, we're issuing unlistens when appropriate.
>
> You are vacuuming pg_listener periodically, yes?  Not that this seems
> to have any relationship to your problem, but ...

yes, autovacuum should take care of this. But looking forward for multiple-workers in 8.3 as it should help us during high load periods (some tables might wait too long for autovacuum now - but it's not that big problem for us...).

Thanks for great work!

Kuba

              http://archives.postgresql.org