Re: With 4 disks should I go for RAID 5 or RAID 10

On Dec 26, 2007, at 10:21 AM, Bill Moran wrote:

I snipped the rest of your message because none of it matters. Never use
RAID 5 on a database system.  Ever.  There is absolutely NO reason to
every put yourself through that much suffering.  If you hate yourself
that much just commit suicide, it's less drastic.

Once you hit 14 or more spindles, the difference between RAID10 and RAID5 (or preferably RAID6) is minimal.

In your 4 disk scenario, I'd vote RAID10.

      match