Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL, and FreeBSD

Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 08:27:02PM +0100, Dimitri wrote:
As well to demonstrate OS parallelism it's not so impressive to see
4CPU server results rather 8CPU or 32threaded Niagara... Don't know
why they did not present similar performance graphs for these
platform, strange no?...

I guess it's because their Niagara support is still very raw, and besides,
it's not a very common platform.

/* Steinar */

Not sure how much coding would need to be done for Niagra chips but I would think that it is more likely a problem of getting the funds so they can have one to work on.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@xxxxxxxxxx

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz