Re: work_mem and shared_buffers

On Nov 9, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

On Nov 9, 2007 1:19 PM, Campbell, Lance <lance@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is amazing, how after working with databases very actively for over 8
years, I am still learning things.

The fun thing about postgresql is that just when you've got it figured
out, somebody will come along and improve it in such a way as to make
your previously gathered knowledge obsolete.  In a good way.

I imagine in a few years, hardly anyone using postgresql will remember
the ancient art of having either apostrophes in a row inside your
plpgsql functions...

Speaking of that devil, I started working with Postgres mere months after that particular evil went away but we still have a good bit of plpgsql with it in production. I've been meaning to convert it and clean it up for a while now. Would you, or anybody, happen to know of any scripts out there that I could grab to make a quick job, no brains required of it?

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@xxxxxxxxxx
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888