Re: partitioned table and ORDER BY indexed_field DESC LIMIT 1

Gregory Stark wrote:
cdbpathlocus_pull_above_projection
In particular this is the function I was hoping to see. Anyways as Tom pointed
out previously there's precedent in Postgres as well for subqueries so I'm
sure I'll be able to do it.

(But I'm still not entirely convinced putting the append member vars into the
eclasses would be wrong btw...)

I spent today looking at getting this patch into a self contained state. Working against HEAD I'm getting bogged down in the PathKeyItem to PathKey/EquivalenceClass/EquivalenceMember(s) change. So I figured I'd divide and conquer to some extent, and initially provide a patch:

- against 8.2.(5)
- self contained  (i.e no mystery functions)

The next step would be to update to to HEAD. That would hopefully provide some useful material for others working on this.

Thoughts suggestions?

regards

Mark

              http://archives.postgresql.org