Re: Outer joins and Seq scans

Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
Hi,

Le lundi 29 octobre 2007, Tom Lane a écrit :
Is there any chance you can apply the one-line
patch shown here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-10/msg00374.php

If rebuilding packages is not to your taste, possibly a down-rev to
8.2.4 would be the easiest solution.

The debian package for PostgreSQL uses a .tar.gz of the upstream code along with a debian/patches/ directory with ordered patches files (##-whatever.patch). Just adding the given file into this directory before to building the package should do.

[snip detailed example]

It never occurred to me that you could do that. Thanks Dmitri, I learn something here all the time.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd