Re: [Again] Postgres performance problem

Scott Marlowe wrote:

I'm getting more and more motivated to rewrite the vacuum docs.  I
think a rewrite from the ground up might be best...  I keep seeing
people doing vacuum full on this list and I'm thinking it's as much
because of the way the docs represent vacuum full as anything.  Is
that true for you?

It's true for me.

I turned off autovacuum as I was getting occassional hangs, which I thought were the result of vacuums (and have signifigantly decreased since I did that), and went nightly vacuum fulls, and vacuum full/reindex/cluster on the weekends (which I now realize is redundant).

Brian

      match