Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Scott Marlowe wrote:

Generally I agree, however, how about a first switch, for beginner / intermediate / advanced.

You're describing a perfectly reasonable approach for a second generation tool in this area. I think it would be very helpful for the user community to get a first generation one that works fairly well before getting distracted at all by things like this. The people capable of filling out the intermediate/advanced settings can probably just do a bit of reading and figure out most of what they should be doing themselves.

--
* Greg Smith gsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD