Re: PostgreSQL Configuration Tool for Dummies

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

"What OS Are You Using", of course, needs to have Linux, Solaris, BSD, OSX
and Windows.  At some point, this tool will also need to generate for the
user any shmem settings that they need to make on the OS.

I also noticed that on FreeBSD (6.2) at least the stock config simply won't run without building a new kernel that bumps up all the SHM stuff or dropping down resource usage in the postgres config...

Overall, I like the idea. I've been slowly working on weaning myself off of mysql and I think removing any roadblocks that new users might stumble upon seems like an excellent way to get more exposure.

Charles

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus