Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access

Karl Wright writes:

I'm not writing off autovacuum - just the concept that the large tables aren't the ones that are changing. Unfortunately, they *are* the most dynamically updated.

Would be possible for you to partition the tables?
By date or some other fashion to try to have some tables not get affected by the updates/inserts?

I am in the process of breaking a DB.. to have tables by dates. Our historical data never changes.

Also, what is the physical size of all this data?