Re: Parsing VACUUM VERBOSE

On 6/14/07, Y Sidhu <ysidhu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone share what value they have set log_min_duration_statement to?

It's OT but we use different values for different databases and needs.

On a very loaded database with a lot of complex queries (lots of join
on big tables, proximity queries, full text queries), we use 100 ms.
It logs ~ 300 000 queries. It allows us to detect big regressions or
new queries which are very slow.

On another database where I want to track transaction leaks, I'm
forced to put it to 0ms.

Basically, the answer is: set it to the lowest value you can afford
without impacting too much your performances (and if you use syslog,
use async I/O or send your log to the network).

--
Guillaume