Re: test / live environment, major performance difference

On 2007-06-11 Christo Du Preez wrote:
I really hope someone can shed some light on my problem. I'm not sure
if this is a posgres or potgis issue.

Anyway, we have 2 development laptops and one live server, somehow I
managed to get the same query to perform very well om my laptop, but
on both the server and the other laptop it's really performing bad.

One simple possibility that bit me in the past: If you do pg_dump/pg_restore to create a copy of the database, you have to ANALYZE the newly-restored database.  I mistakenly assumed that pg_restore would do this, but you have to run ANALYZE explicitely after a restore.

Craig