Re: Best OS for Postgres 8.2

David Levy wrote:
Hi,

I am about to order a new server for my Postgres cluster. I will
probably get a Dual Xeon Quad Core instead of my current Dual Xeon.
Which OS would you recommend to optimize Postgres behaviour (i/o
access, multithreading, etc) ?

I am hesitating between Fedora Core 6, CentOS and Debian. Can anyone
help with this ?

Use the one you're most comfortable with.

I don't think you'll notice *that* much difference between linux systems for performance - but whether you're comfortable using any of them will make a difference in managing it in general.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/