Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning

large problem from a slog perspective; there is no standard way even within Linux to describe CPUs, for example. Collecting available disk space information is even worse. So I'd like some help on this portion.

Quite likely, naiveness follows...  But, aren't things like /proc/cpuinfo ,
/proc/meminfo, /proc/partitions / /proc/diskstats standard, at the very
least across Linux distros?  I'm not familiar with BSD or other Unix
flavours, but I would expect these (or their equivalent) to exist in those,
no?

Am I just being naive?

Carlos