Re: SCSI vs SATA

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 02:00:15AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
It seems hard to believe that the vendors themselves wouldn't burn in
the drives for half a day, if that's all it takes to eliminate a large
fraction of infant mortality.  The savings in return processing and
customer goodwill would surely justify the electricity they'd use.

Wouldn't help if the reason for the infant mortality is bad handling between the factory and the rack. One thing that I did question in the CMU study was the lack of infant mortality--I've definately observed it, but it might just be that my UPS guy is clumsier than theirs.

Mike Stone