Re: Potential memory usage issue

Bill Moran wrote:

Install the pg_bufferstats contrib module and take a look at how shared
memory is being use.  I like to use MRTG to graph shared buffer usage
over time, but you can just do a SELECT count(*) WHERE NOT NULL to see
how many buffers are actually in use.

Can you explain what you'd use as a diagnostic on this - I just installed the module - but I'm not entirely clear as to what the output is actually showing me and/or what would be considered good or bad.

Thanks,

David.
--
David Brain - bandwidth.com