Re: how small to split a table?

On Mar 20, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

partition through the master
table abould halfed the speed with 4 partitions and made a 50% increase for 2 partitions.
Please note: this is not representative in any kind!

I fully intend to build knowledge of the partitions into the insert part of the logging. Only the queries which do joins on the current big table would use the master name. Everything else can be trained to go directly to the proper subtable.

Thanks for your note. It implies to me I'm making the right choice to build that knowledge into the system.