Re: Execution plan changed after upgrade from 7.3.9 to 8.2.3

vincent.moreau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks for the update.

The following did not change anything in the execution plan

ALTER TABLE lm05_t_tarif_panneau ALTER COLUMN lrg_min SET STATISTICS 1000
ALTER TABLE lm05_t_tarif_panneau ALTER COLUMN lrg_max SET STATISTICS 1000
ANALYZE lm05_t_tarif_panneau

Hmm - so it's not the distribution of those values.

I was able to improve response time by creating indexes, but I would like to avoid changing the database structure because it is not maintained by ourseleves, but by the third party vendor.

Well, the indexes can't do any harm, but it would be nice not to need them.

Could you post the explain analyse with the indexes? To see how the costs compare.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd