Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
Guillaume Smet wrote:
On 2/23/07, Geoffrey <esoteric@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I've heard.  We're headed for 8 as soon as possible, but until we get
our code ready, we're on 7.4.16.
You should move to at least 8.1 and possibly 8.2. It's not a good idea
to upgrade only to 8 IMHO.
When I said 8, I meant whatever the latest greatest 8 is.  Right now,
that looks like 8.2.3.

No. The latest version of 8.2 is 8.2.3, there is also 8.1 which is at
8.1.8 and 8.0 which is at 8.0.12.

They are all different *major* releases.

Yes I am aware of the various releases. My bad in that my reference to '8' was lazy and did not indicate the full release. Our intention is to move to the latest 8.2.* when we are able.

IMO, nobody should be running anything less than 8.1.8.

Same old thing, time and money. Too busy bailing the boat to patch it right now...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

 - Benjamin Franklin