Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Madison Kelly wrote:

Hi all,

I'd really like to come up with a more intelligent search engine that doesn't take two minutes to return results. :) I know, in the end good indexes and underlying hardware will be important, but a sane as possible query structure helps to start with.

I'm not a programmer, so I can't comment on how good of an example this is, but I've been pretty happy with mnogosearch:

http://www.mnogosearch.com/

The *nix versions are free. Looking at the db structure gave me a bit of an idea of what I'm guessing is the "right way" to search a huge amount of documents.

Charles

 Thanks all!!

Madison

             http://archives.postgresql.org