Re: Using the 8.2 autovacuum values with 8.1

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:13:31AM +0100, Csaba Nagy wrote:
> You likely don't need the nightly full vacuum run... we also do here a
> nightly vacuum beside autovacuum, but not a full one, only for tables
> which are big enough that we don't want autovacuum to touch them in high
> business time but they have enough change that we want a vacuum on them
> frequent enough. I discover them by checking the stats, for example:

Something else I like doing is a periodic vacuumdb -av and capture the
output. It's a good way to keep an eye on FSM utilization. Once you've
got vacuuming under control you can probably just do that once a month
or so.
--
Jim Nasby                                            jim@xxxxxxxxx