Re: Autoanalyze settings with zero scale factor

Jeremy Haile wrote:
Also, are other auto-vacuums and auto-analyzes showing up in the pg_stats table? Maybe it's a stats system issue.

No tables have been vacuumed or analyzed today.  I had thought that this
problem was due to my pg_autovacuum changes, but perhaps not.  I
restarted PostgreSQL (in production - yikes)  About a minute after being
restarted, the autovac process fired up.

What could get PG in a state where autovac isn't running?  Is there
anything I should watch to debug or monitor for this problem in the
future?  I wish I'd noticed whether or not the stats collector process
was running before I restarted.

First off you shouldn't need to restart PG. When it wasn't working did you ever check the autovacuum_enabled setting? For example within psql: "show autovacuum;".

I would venture to guess that autovacuum was disabled for some reason. Perhaps last time you started the server the stats settings weren't enabled?