Re: Version Change

Please reply to the list so that others may contribute and benefit from the discussion.

On Jan 18, 2007, at 14:19 , Gauri Kanekar wrote:

i want some comprehensive tests, to identify wheather shifiting from 8.1.3 to 8.2 will be advantageous.

I think it depends on your installation and use for PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL is used for many different types of projects which have different needs. I don't think it would be possible to put together some sort of comprehensive test suite that would answer your question. What I can recommend is benchmark common and performance critical tasks for your current 8.1.3 installation and then compare the results with those same benchmarks run against 8.2.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net