Slow dump?

Hello, we recently migrated our system from 8.1.x to 8.2 and when running dumps have noticed an extreme decrease in speed where the dump is concerned (by more than a factor of 2). I was wondering if someone might offer some suggestions as to what may be causing the problem. How important are max_fsm_pages and max_fsm_relations to doing a dump? I was just looking over your config file and that's the only thing that jumped out at me as needing to be changed.

Machine info:
OS: Solaris 10
Sunfire X4100 XL
2x AMD Opteron Model 275 dual core procs
8GB of ram

Pertinent postgres settings:
shared_buffers: 50000
work_mem: 8192
maintenance_work_mem: 262144
max_stack_depth: 3048 (default)

There doesn't seem to be any other performance degradation while the dump is running (which I suppose is good). Any ideas?

--
erik jones <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
software development