Re: EXPLAIN ANALYZE on 8.2

Kelly Burkhart wrote:

I hope this isn't a "crummy mainboard" but I can't seem to affect
things by changing clock source (kernel 2.6.16 SLES10).  I tried
kernel command option clock=XXX where XXX in
(cyclone,hpet,pmtmr,tsc,pit), no option was significantly better than
the default.

Anyone know how this might be improved (short of replacing hardware)?

Updating the BIOS might be worth investigating, and then bugging your Linux distro mailing list/support etc for more help. (What sort of motherboard is it?)

Cheers

Mark