Re: Core 2 or Opteron

These benchmarks are all done using 64 bit linux:
http://tweakers.net/reviews/646

Best regards,

Arjen

On 7-12-2006 11:18 Mindaugas wrote:

 Hello,

 We're planning new server or two for PostgreSQL and I'm wondering Intel
Core 2 (Woodcrest for servers?) or Opteron is faster for PostgreSQL now?

 When I look through hardware sites Core 2 wins. But I believe those tests
mostly are being done in 32 bits. Does the picture change in 64 bits?

 And I also remember that in PostgreSQL Opteron earlier had huge advantage
over older Xeons. But did Intel manage to change picture now?

 Thanks,

 Mindaugas

      match