Re: 8.2rc1 (much) slower than 8.2dev?

Tom Lane wrote:
Arjen van der Meijden <acmmailing@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I'll run another analyze on the database to see if that makes any difference, but after that I'm not sure what to check first to figure out where things go wrong?

Look for changes in plans?

Yeah, there are a few number of small changes in plans and costs estimated. I've a large list of queries executed against both databases, and I haven't seen any differences in row-estimates, so the analyze's have yielded similar enough results.

I'm not sure whether some of the changes are for better or worse, you can probably spot that a bit faster than I can. I saw a few index scans replaced by seq scans (on small tables), all index scans seem to have doubled in cost? And I saw a few bitmap scans in stead of normal index scans and more such small changes. But not so small if you execute a hundreds of thousands of those queries.

Since I'd rather not send the entire list of queries to the entire world, is it OK to send both explain analyze-files to you off list?

Best regards,

Arjen