Re: shared_buffers > 284263 on OS X

Am 27.11.2006 um 00:25 schrieb Jim C. Nasby:

Got any data about that you can share? People have been wondering about
cases where drastically increasing shared_buffers makes a difference.

I have tried to compile PostgreSQL as a 64Bit application on my G5 but wasn't successful. But I must admit, that I'm not a C programmer at all. I know enough to work with source packages and configure / make but not enough to work with the errors I got from the compile. And as I'm extremely busy right now, I can't follow the trail and learn more about it.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can take a look at it.

cug