Re: [BUGS] BUG #2737: hash indexing large tablefails,while

Simon Riggs wrote:
Do we think there is hope of improving hash indexes?
I thought about this a bit. I have an idea that the hash index might have the fixed number of buckets specified in create index statement and the tuples in each of these buckets should be stored in a b-tree. This should give a constant performance improvement (but based on the number of buckets) for each fetch of a tuple from index compared to a fetch from b-tree index.

cheers

Julo