Re: Easy read-heavy benchmark kicking around?

On 11/6/06, Brian Hurt <bhurt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm having a spot of problem with out storage device vendor.  Read
performance (as measured by both bonnie++ and hdparm -t) is abysmal
(~14Mbyte/sec), and we're trying to get them to fix it.  Unfortunately,
they're using the fact that bonnie++ is an open source benchmark to
weasle out of doing anything- they can't fix it unless I can show an
impact in Postgresql.

So the question is: is there an easy to install and run, read-heavy
benchmark out there that I can wave at them to get them to fix the
problem?  I have a second database running on a single SATA drive, so I
can use that as a comparison point- "look, we're getting 1/3rd the read
speed of a single SATA drive- this sucks!"

hitachi?

my experience with storage vendors is when they say things like that
they know full well their device completely sucks and are just
stalling so that you give up.

merlin