Re: Setting "nice" values

Scott Marlowe wrote:
nope, the priorities don't pass down.  you connect via a client lib to
the server, which spawns a backend process that does the work for you. The backend process inherits its priority from the postmaster that
spawns it, and they all run at the same priority.

Shoot, but figured. :)

Thanks for the tip, too, it's something I will try.

Sometimes it's the simple solutions that work best.  :)  Welcome to the
world of pgsql, btw...

Heh, if only I was new to pgsql I wouldn't feel silly for asking so many questions :P. In the same right though, I enjoy PgSQL/Linux/FOSS in general *because* there seems to never be a shortage of things to learn.

Thanks!

Madi