Re: Context switch storm

creimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If you can keep your numbers of clients down below the critical level, you should find the overall workload is fine.

We have at about 600 connections. Is this a case to use a connection
pool (pg_pool) system?

Possibly - that should help. I'm assuming that most of your queries are very short, so you could probably get that figure down a lot lower. You'll keep the same amount of queries running through the system, just queue them up.

And why this happens only with 8.0 and 8.1 and not with the 7.4?

Not sure. Maybe 8.x is making more intensive use of your memory, possibly with a change in your plans.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd