UDF and cache

Hello all,

I read a paper,  which is Query optimization in the presence of Foreign Functions.
And the paper , there is a paragraph like below.

In order to reduce the number of invocations, caching  the results of invocation was suggested in Postgres.

I'd like to know in detail about how postgres is maintaing the cache of UDFs.

Thanks,
Jungmin

--
Jungmin Shin