Re: Jdbc/postgres performance

Rohit_Behl wrote:
Hi

I made the following changes to the conf file:

enable_indexscan = true

enable_seqscan = false

We also have a large amount of data being inserted into our tables. I was just wondering if this could have an impact on the inserts since I guess this change is on the database.

enable_seqscan shouldn't affect plain inserts, but it will affect *every* query in the system.

I would suggest using setting "prepareThreshold=0" in the JDBC driver connection URL, or calling pstmt.setPrepareThreshold(0) in the application. That tells the driver not to use server-side prepare, and the query will be re-planned every time you execute it with the real values of the parameters.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas