Re: Optimization of this SQL sentence

Christopher Browne wrote:
The world rejoiced as pgsql@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Shane Ambler) wrote:
Chris Browne wrote:
In the case of a zip code?  Sure.  US zip codes are integer values
either 5 or 9 characters long.
So your app will only work in the US?
And only for US companies that only have US clients?

Sorry had to dig at that ;-P

Heh.  I'm not in the US, so that's not the sort of mistake I'd be
likely to make...

The thing is, the only place where they call this sort of thing a "zip
code" is the US.  Elsewhere, it's called a postal code.

Same meaning/use different name (that's a locale issue for the client displaying the data) they will all use the same column for that data.

--

Shane Ambler
Postgres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz