[no subject]

Of course the 100MB of the file in memory manager will get flushed soon.

Now, lets restrict PostgreSQL: I only give the minimum amout of shared
memory. It will NOT cache those 100MB in shared memory.

But: PostgreSQL really was correct. The other 20 postgres.exe access
the same file on a regular basis. Won't memory manager keep that file
"cached" in RAM anyway?

I try my theories :)) and contrary to all wisdom from all PostgreSQL
tuning recommendations reconfigured shared memory nearly to the
minimum: 1000 for maximum of 400 concurrent connections. (800 would be
minimum). Single user performance was fine, now I am looking forward
to full user scenario tomorrow.

I will keep you posted.

Harald

--=20
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Reinsburgstra=DFe 202b
70197 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
-
Python: the only language with more web frameworks than keywords.