Re: UPDATE becomes mired / win32

The table, VOTER, contains 3,090,013 rows and each row is about 120 bytes wide. It's loaded via a batch process in one shot, and the load is followed by an VACUUM FULL ANALYZE. Its structure is shown at the bottom of the message.

if the table wasn't empty before and has indices defined, try a "REINDEX TABLE VOTER" before running the update. i had a similar case where an often updated table was vacuumed regurarly, but the indices grew and grew and grew. in my case the table - even when empty and analyze full'ed was 1.2gb according to pgadmin due to (outdated) indices. a reindex fixed all my performance issues.

- thomas