Re: Unsubscribe

Steve Atkins wrote:

On Oct 4, 2006, at 9:00 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

I also don't care about that argument in this situation. People
ignorantly posting an unsubscribe to the list get this kind of response
because it's an annoyance to the list users,

Over time especially now, we will see many more "users" versus
"developers". Most "users" will never know how (nor should they have to)
read email headers.

They should know how to participate in mailing lists. That's
unrelated to whether you're a developer or a user.

The same webpage where you subscribe to a mailing list,
you can also unsubscribe. This is not some weird technical
voodoo, just that some people prefer to waste a thousand
other peoples time than spend a minute or two of their own.
Fortunately, they're a tiny minority.

I believe that if you could get an honest response, you'd find a lot of these folks are just plain lazy. They don't want to recall how to unsubscribe and figure sending mail to the list will get the required result.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

 - Benjamin Franklin