Re: Poor performance on very simple query ?

Tobias Brox wrote:
[Arnaud Lesauvage - Tue at 02:13:59PM +0200]
Tobias Brox wrote:
>Oh, the gid is not primary key.  I guess I should also apologize for
>adding noise here :-)

Yes, it is a primary key, but I am the noise maker here ! ;-)

Oh - it is. How can you have a default value on a primary key?

Good question, but I am not the DB designer in that case.

> Will it
use the index if you do "analyze"?  Is there an index on the table at
all, do you get it up if you ask for a description of the table (\d
tablename)?

In this case (a simplified version of the real case), the pkey is the only index. It is used if I only as for one row (WHERE gid=33).