Re: Vacuums on large busy databases

Jim C. Nasby writes:

BTW, on some good raid controllers (with battery backup and
write-caching), putting pg_xlog on a seperate partition doesn't really
help, so you might want to try combining everything.

Planning to put a busy database on second raid or perhaps some index files.
So far the second raid is highly under utilized.

Even if you stay with 2 partitions, I'd cut pg_xlog back to just a
simple mirror.

I am considering to put the pg_xlog back to the main raid. Primarily because we have two hot spares.. on top of RAID 10.. so it is safer.