Re: Poor performance on seq scan

Craig A. James wrote:

There IS a bug for SATA disk drives in some versions of the Linux kernel. On a lark I ran some of the I/O tests in this thread, and much to my surprise discovered my write speed was 6 MB/sec ... ouch! On an identical machine, different kernel, the write speed was 54 MB/sec.
My disks are running in SATA150 mode. Whatever it means.

I'm using FreeBSD, and not just because it dynamically alters the priority of long running processes. :-)

 Laszlo