Re: Postgress memory leak with JBoss3.2.6 and large DB

On 31-Aug-06, at 1:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

"Indika Maligaspe" <indika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
The problem is when we are querying a specific set of table (which all tables having over 100K of rows), the Postgres user process takes over or close 700MB of memory. This is just to return 3000 odd rows. Even though we have lot of data we still do not have that much to eat up this much of
memory.

Playing with server-side settings won't have the slightest effect on a
client-side problem.  I'd suggest asking about this on the pgsql-jdbc
list; they are more likely to have useful suggestions than backend
hackers will.

What is the query here. I doubt this is a client side problem, as we are still looking at the server side processes, not the java processes here.

Also your memory settings are *way* too low
Dave

			regards, tom lane