Re: Dell PowerEdge 2950 performance

On Aug 15, 2006, at 4:21 PM, Bucky Jordan wrote:

... from Vivek...
which is an issue with freebsd and bonnie++ since it doesn't know
that freebsd can use large files natively (ie, no large file hacks
necessary).  the freebsd port of bonnie takes care of this, if you
use that instead of compiling your own.

Unfortunately I had to download and build by hand, since only bonnie++
1.9x is available in BSD 6.1 ports when I checked.

see the patch file in the bonnie++ port file and apply something similar. basically you take out the check for large file support and force it on.