Re: Beginner optimization questions, esp. regarding Tsearch2

Thanks a lot for the advice Richard.  I will try those things out and
report back to the list.

Carl

On 8/10/06, Richard Huxton <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 From your figures, you're allocating about 64MB to work_mem, which is
per sort. So, a complex query could use several times that amount. If
you don't have many concurrent queries that might be what you want.

Also, you've allocated 1GB to your shared_buffers which is more than I'd
use as a starting point.

You've only mentioned one main table with 100,000 rows, so presumably
you're going to cache the entire DB in RAM. So, you'll want to increase
effective_cache_size and reduce random_page_cost.